Sunday, 22 May 2011

HONG KONG TRIP

20 May

Got up at 4am....and soon on the way to the airport. Many passengers were at the airport when I got there...apparently many early morning flights.

The flight took off on schedule and after 3 over hours, we arrived into HKG. Immigration was quick (as usual) , thks to the FVC. Even in the morning, there were more than a thousand people queueing up to clear immigration. I was spared the agony...... Hahahahahaha!

After topping up my Octopus, I took a ride on the airport bus to the hotel. Usually, it will take about an hour to reach but this time, it took me almost 2 hours! Anyway, I finally arrived at the hotel - Ibis North Point.

Stephen arrived shortly and we went over to South China Hotel to have dim sum lunch. It was good. Went back to the hotel to rest before coming out in the evening to have dinner with Derrick.

Walked past the Japanese restaurant - Urawa, and decided to have dinner there. It was full house when we enquired but after waited for Derrick to arrive, Stephen managed to get the receptionist to grant us entry!

It was very crowded..... the 1st round of food came very fast and we trying our best to clear as many dishes as possible that was placed on our table! The food was rather delicious and I was glad we managed to get the chance to eat there!


21 May

Slept in late and then went over to Causeway Bay. Stephen managed to contact his Big Brother who joined us for a chat where we had dim sum lunch. (Same restaurant that he was going to have lunch with his friends)

Was to go over to Frankie & Wallace's place for tea. It suddenly rained so heavily and by thew time we got there, I was almost drenched! The hosts managed to have fitting clothes for me and I got to bring them home as gift! Great!








Raymond and Michael come to join us. The tea session was great ....big strawberries, tarts & sandwiches. Frankie even cooked black-pepper pork with onions wrapped with vege!



After leaving their place, we had to go over to Tsimshatsui to meet up with Joi for a drink. the last time I met him in HKG was more than 1 year ago! It was great catching up again.

22 May

Rainy day....must be sad that I was leaving....Caught the bus opposite the hotel to the airport. Traffic on Sunday was rather smooth and took us about 1 hour to reach the airport. Flight was delayed for half an hour but a smooth flight back home.
Though it was a very short trip, glad to have been there and spent time! I treasure every moment of it!


----------------------- Sawbear Travel ----------------------

No comments: