Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Weekend Getaway to Kuala Lumpur

28 Sep

A 40mins flight and I arrived into KL's LCCT. Managed to clear through rather fast and was out into the arrival hall. For a moment, I was 'lost'....trying to make out where I was.....I forgot I did not fly into KLIA!

Soon Nelson came to pick me up and we were on our way to Putrajaya. Following the road signs, it was rather easy to get into Putrajaya. I have to say that I was surprised with the pleasant view of the ''city''... it was really beautiful!

Nelson managed to locate the hotel - Pullman Lakeside Putrajaya (the signboards get a little misleading) and the hotel was more of a resort-style. Check in was swift and I was upgraded to Executive Suite...wow!

The suite was rather comfortable and
spacious. There were both shower and bathtub! No complaint!




















Nelson decided to give me a short drive around Putrajaya and I really love the place.... beautiful houses, interesting building designs, wide road, lots of parks, beautiful man-made lake, etc...

Went to Nelson place to wait for Alwin. Nelson has turned 1 of the rooms to become a Karaoke room and even invested in the sound system! It was fun!
























We went over to a Thai restaurant nearby (in Puchong) and the food was not too bad! After dinner, Nelson gave me a lift back to Pullman. Getting back in the night was rather challenging but we managed to finally arrived back at the hotel.

Found out that there was only cabled Internet...no wifi in the room. looked at the breakfast menu and found the Continental breakfast cost M$40!~Hmm...... can do without breakfast...

29 Sep

Arranged a transfer from Pullman to Novotel KL (M$100) in the morning. After checking in, went over to Pavilion for breakfast - half boiled eggs, Toast and Coffee!

Barry came over and we went to Suki-ya for lunch. It was great catching up as we have not seen each other for over 4 years! So much to catch up!

Ben came over in the late afternoon and we went to the lounge for evening drinks. I always enjoy the evening drinks provided, when you stay on the executive floor.

Soon, it was dinner time and I have to meet up with Jackson over at Pavilion. Tonkatsu dinner at the Tonkatsu restaurant was very good!

Must be an age-thing.....after dinner, its back to hotel to rest...no night party.... just enjoying the free wifi in the room (finally) on my ipad....



30 Sep.

Decided to try the new bridge walkway leading to KLCC. The walkway next to the hotel connects to Pavilion and also to the Convention Centre (about 10 mins walk) and then a few mins to KLCC Mall. Its great! So convenient!

Joi and SP came by for lunch and we ate at the hotel's coffeehouse. The meal did not cost much as I had a M$50 meal voucher.

With the benefits I received for this one night stay at Novotel, it was well worth paying the money for the Executive  room!

The trip was good, with new surprises! Putraya was new and interesting place for me. The only problem is - cannot move around without a car. Pullman was nice but nothing interesting around the hotel. Novotel was, as usual, a pleasant experience and the bridge walkway to KLCC was a good discovery!

Most of all, catching up with so many old friends makes the whole trip worthwhile!


----------- Sawbear Travel -------------

No comments: