Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Birthdays

A few friends' birthdays...

12th of May - I met Mr Chiba in 1983 when he came here with a group of Rotaractors. He was working for a newspaper company. All these years, we have been in touch and making a point to send birthday greetings. In 1987, I had the opportunity to visit him and his family in Aomori. He turned 60, 2 days ago.

JK is a close friend I met in 1992 and though we do not really catch up, we do meet each other at our usual drinking joint. Every year, without fail, he will receive birthday greetings from me.

13th of May - My dear friend from Canada....called him last night (morning over at his end - 12 hours behind us)and chatted for a while. Certainly looking forward to his visit this year...finally!

14th of May - Once a while, I will receive greeting sms from a friend in Malacca. Well, it's his birthday today! He will be hearing from me soon!

15th of May - Many years ago (while I was in the travel industry), I met Alvin (from another agency) in Adelaide for SATEX (South Australia Tourism Exchange). We got along very well and have become very good friends, until today.

15th is also Wong's Birthday. Old friend....known him for quite a while . Would be having dinner with him and friends tomorrow night.

To all my dear friends, Happy Birthday to you!


---------- Sawbear Travel ----------

No comments: