Monday, 4 August 2008

Last Weekend


Got a call from HKG on Friday. Wallace called to tell me that he has asked Raymond to pass me a gift. Met up with Raymond on Friday night to pick up the gift. So nice of Wallace n Frankie. Knowing that I would not be in HKG this month, they asked a friend to bring the birthday present to me. Birthday present????? Got the hint???!!!! Hahahahaha!

Was supposed to meet Nicholas on Saturday but did not realise he was waiting for me to confirm the appointment. So, when I called him around noon, he was still at home! He wanted to come in when the traffic at the causeway ease up but I told him that we would meet up another time. My apologies, my friend!

Anson called - free movie at Vivocity. There was supposed to be a buffet before that as well. When I arrived at the cinema, I realised that the movie was for 9pm! Decided to skip the movie and joined Gerald for dinner at our regular steamboat place.

Got up early on Sunday to make dessert for the party in the evening. Made dessert on Saturday afternoon but felt that something was missing and when I checked on my dessert, I realised that the main ingredient was left out - Agar Agar powder! Hahahahaha! Wasted effort!
Managed to make another tray but still felt that it was not up to expectation! Hmm.....

Dinner at Stephen's place. Ordered DIY Popiah and DIY Mee Siam. Athea cooked braised pork with bun and Lyn brought chicken wings & drumsticks. The DIY stuff was rather good. The popiah skin was very thin and tasty. The mee siam gravy was rather delicious. I guess the troublesome part was that you have to DIY. To some, that's the fun part !

Ended with the Birthday cake. Celebrated Janice's (3rd) & Abigail's (8th) birthdays together! Nowsdays, no more toys. Everyone gave vouchers - Popular Bookstore's vouchers....


------------------ Sawbear Travel --------------

No comments: