Monday, 20 October 2008

18 - 20 0ct : Trip to KL


18 Oct
Got up early on Saturday to catch the coach to KL. Instead of Golden Mile Complex, the meeting place was at the Transtar Bus Depot along Lavendar Street.

As usual, smooth journey to KL. Usually, there would be some traffic conjestion once we crossed the last toll gate. This time, the coach captain took a different route after the last toll gate. For a minute I thought he took a wrong turn! It's a new highway into the city. No jam! Wow!

SP was there to meet me. So kind of him! He gave me a ride to the hotel - Hotel Capitol. After checking in, we went over to Pavilion to meet up with Keith , who was also in KL. Met up with Edward as well. Had a late lunch at Jalan Ah Law. Most of the stalls were not opened. Went in Charn Kee Restaurant and had noodle. I must say, the minced pork noodle was delicious!

Met up with Jeff and then also with Daddy and Win, Brought them around Bukit Bintang and then to Pavilion (again!) for a look-see and also dinner at the Food Court. After dinner, Daddy went back to rest while we went over to 65 for a drink.

Ben and Nelson cam very late (after dinner in Malacca) and drove me for supper at Jalan Ipoh. By the time I got back it was almost 3!

19 Oct

Got to meet Daddy for breakfast at his hotel. The spread was wide but not appetising! went to his room and ....not bad.....nice corner room.... the type that I like.,...spacious. Johnny came and pick up Daddy to the airport to catch his flight.

Had to round up every one for the lunch at Ampang. Most of them were not familiar. Imagine, a Singaporean co-ordinating lunch venue for Malaysian staying in KL! Finally everyone turned up. It was Ampang Leong Tau Foo lunch! Well, it was so so...but the company was good!

After lunch, we went separate ways. Jeff gave me a lift to KLCC to meet up with Keith and Edward for a drink. Went to my favourite A&W shop for my Root Beer Float! Delicious! Then, Edward sent me back to my hotel.

Met up with Barry...finally. Chatted with him for a while. Had a good time chatting.....he's a rascal...... he has a quick and sharp tongue!

Met up with Jackson for dinner. The dinner was good and we had a good time chatting away. After dinner, had to rush back to my room...before they mess it up! Ben, Nelson and Jeff were making themselves comfortable in my room!

20 Oct
Finally got to sleep in late! went to have breakfast at the mamak shop nearby. Had 2 plain prata (quite big) and 1 glass of teh halia and it only cost me M$3! Very cheap! Chai and SP came to buy me lunch. We went to a coffeshop , supposedly known for the Yuan Yang noddle (fried bee hoon on hor fun). The dish was sedap! Then, off to the bus terminal to catch my coach back to Singapore.

Short trip, busy schedule......


-------------- Sawbear Travel --------------

No comments: