Monday, 1 June 2009

3D2N Hong Kong Escapade (29 - 31 May)

Before I realise it, I am back!

29 May

Woke up about 4am.. and left my place about 4:45 to the airport to catch the flight (Jetstar) to Hong Kong. Check in was smooth and before 7am, the plane took off as per schedule.

The flight took about 3hours 20 mins and before I could take a proper nap, the plane landed at Hong Kong International Airport. After immigration and custom clearance, a pleasant surprise awaited me! Jack and Joseph, from Taiwan, waited for me at the airport!

It was great meeting them! They arrived before me and decided to wait for me. Together, we took the Airport Express to Kowloon Station and then went on separate ways to our hotel.

Checked in into Prudential Hotel. All guests have to have their temperature checked. The staff put a gadget on my forehead to check my temperature!



The room was pretty good, better than I expected!After dropping my luggage, I headed off to the meeting point to meet Jack, Joseph and Wallace. It was great to meet Wallace again.....been a while. Went to a nearby place for Dim Sum. The spread was rather good and delicious. We were waited for Chartchai to join us but his flight was late and he could not make it to join us. Went over to YMCA Salisbury to meet Chartchai and the room there was quite good (about HK$880).

Afternoon was free at leisure and each has his own program. Jack went to meet his old friend, Joseph and Wallace went to karaoke, Chartchai went to buy DVDs and I went window shopping.

Dinner was at the Korean Restaurant (near my hotel). At dinner place, Frankie joined us and we also have Win who flew in after work from Bangkok. Everyone was together again! We also had Raymond, a good friend of Wallace and Frankie. Dinner was delicious. They ordered a lot of food! The last time we meet together was in May 2008 (Bangkok) and there's simply a lot to catch up! After dinner, we proceeded for desserts!

30 May

Breakfast with Ming at a nearby Teahouse before I have to rush off to meet up with the rest at IFC. Everyone turned up, except Jack and Joseph who waited at the wrong ZARA! We decided to have a snack nearby while waiting for them. We went to a restaurant (Michilen award) - a noodle and wanton restaurant. Before we realised, the snack became lunch! I overheard someone asked the waitress as he sat down, " Do you serve wanton here?"..... really a joke!

Anyway, after lunch, we caught a bus ride to Stanley market. Everyone had the octopus; I had coins! The journey took about 45 mins... and it was a sunny day at Stanley - very crowded. Managed to get a few T-shirts there.

Back at Central, Chartchai and Win went to collect some stuff they ordered, Jack , Joseph, Wallace and Frankie went to more brand shopping while I went back to Hotel to freshen up.

Dinner was over at Hong Kong Island, near the Central Escalator - Kumatei : Japanese Restaurant. Again, there were lots of food to eat! The BBQ beef was simply superb! After dinner, we continued with drinks over at Kowloon side before we called it a night.

31 May

Finally managed to have my wanton noodle at the famous 龙记招牌云吞shop. The wanton noodle I had the day before was a disappointment... glad that I managed to eat on my last day in Hong Kong!

Then, off to sham shui Po with Ming for a short visit. On a Sunday morning, there were many people setting up stores on the road. It's a place where there's lot of 2nd hand and also electronic/electrical stuff. It was very interesting.

Met up with everyone again for dim sum lunch. Andy, friend of Win, Wallace and Frankie came to join us. Lots to eat again!

After lunch, Win and Chartchai went off to shop at the factory outlets (near the airport) while the rest of us walked around the Harbour City. Joseph and I sat down for tea at Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel and later Frankie and Jack joined us.

Jack and Joseph invited me to join them in their cab ride to the airport, instead of going on my own. Save me money! The trip to the airport was about HK$200. Actually, it worth it if you have 3 -4 people.

My check in was at Terminal 2 while they had to check in at Terminal 1. We managed to meet up again inside the terminal. Jack contacted me and I went over to join them at the airline lounge. Jack signed me in. Had beef noodle and juices, before I rushed back to my terminal to do some last minute shopping before boarding my flight back to Singapore.


Arrived 5 mins before midnight.


Though the trip was rather short but the purpose was to catch up and we did that. I am happy that everyone made an effort. Without that, the trip would not have been possible. I have known everyone for at least 5 years, and I am glad to be part of this 'family'!






------------------ Sawbear Travel ---------------

No comments: