Saturday, 12 June 2010

Time Flies

7th June was the Birth date of 2 friends.....

Kevin has been my pen-pal since 1982. Yes, my pen-pal! Kevin has a twin sister was the pen pal of susie, my classmate and I had the opportunity to be introduced to Kevin. Kevin lives in New Zealand with his wife and children in Ashburton.

Many years back, I was bringing a tour group to New Zealand and due to bad weather, we could not get to Mount Cook. Having some time to kill, I decided to bring the group to Kevin's farm. That was the 1st time I finally met up with him.

There was another trip when the farm stay I was being hosted, turned out to be Kevin's neighbour and I ended up having breakfast at Kevin's place!

It's been 28 years! We are still in contact! Happy Birthday, my friend!

I have known Stanley since 1996 when I joined Ananda Travel. It's been 14 years but since we become better friends, I have made it a point to wish him every year on 7 June. This year is no difference. Happy Birthday!

Met up with Vincent and Terence last night. Nancy and LH could not make it. I have known Vincent since 1993 when he came over to help me. Terence and Nancy were colleagues from Ananda and they believed in me, came over to SAFE and work with me to setup and run the retail travel. We worked very hard during the 1st, almost to the verge of giving up. We did well and the business started with profit even in the 1st year! I owed a lot to these friends!

While chatting, I realised that Vincent is already 40 and Terence is catching up next year! How time flies! When I knew them, they were still in their late 20's! Come to think of it,... I am not getting any younger...... would be 50 in a few years' time! Haiz.......

It was great catching up .... so much to laugh about ..... and would surely be meeting again because Nancy is finally getting married!


--------------- Sawbear Travel ---------------

No comments: