Tuesday, 16 October 2007

Trip to Canberra n Sydney


Well.... let me tell you about my recent trip (CAPEX 6 - 12 Oct / TNSW 12 - 15Oct)

Left on the morning on the 6th of Oct and flew to Perth. Cleared immigration and custom and then took a ride to the domestic airport to catch the connecting flight to Canberra! Why did we fly via Perth? Well..... because the flights to Sydney were full!!!! Hahahahahaha! By the time we got into Canberra, it was about 10pm! We literally spent the whole day in the air!!!!
Tired and hungry, we tried to look for a supermarket and after walking for more than 30 mins, we finally found Woolsworth.... we got there 5 mins before closing time! Certainly a great way to start the trip! Hahahaha!

The next morning.... I got up and walked around the apartment and found a 24 hours minimart (at a petrol kiosk) just 5 mins away!!!!!!!

The highlight of the Canberra trip was Floriade... the Spring festival. The Gardens was filled with BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS! It was really SPECTACULAR! I had a wonderful time walking and admiring the flowers! The Minister of Tourism was also there to welcome us! I managed to take a picture with him!

Throughout the 4 nights in Canberra, we visited a lot of places.... Parliament House, War Memorial, National Museum, Institute of Sports, etc... Canberra certainly has a lot to offer..... but may not be suitable for Singaporeans..... shh.... do not tell the Tourism people who invited me!

We had different types of food - Indian, Turkish, Pizzas, Chinese..... and during one lunch, we had wraps and we thought that was starters... we were wrong! Hahahahahaha!

The self drive to the coastal areas in New South Wales was very interesting - great scenery along the way. We drove to Batemans Bay, Jervis Bay, Kiama, Wollongong and up to Sydney airport. We had 7 Taragos, travelling in a convoy... rather spectacular and we were even mentioned in the local newspapers!

Most of the agents flew back on Friday but I extended my stay in Sydney till Monday and Tourism New South Wales organised my stay with lots of hotel/apartment inspection and sightseeing as well. Most of the time, I was walking all over Sydney, looking at hotels and apartments! Very tiring!

Still, I managed to visit the Wildlife Centre and Sydney Aquarium (which are location at Darling Harbour). Also visited the Rocks market (only on Saturday), Paddy's Market and the Fish Market. A trip up Sydney Tower is certainly a must!

In Sydney, I managed to meet up with my dear brother, Kelvin. It was really wonderful and thanks for spending time with me, Brother! I also managed to meet up with a dear friend I met in Sydney maybe 10 years ago... had dinner with his family. It was really memorable as I have not seen them for more than 8 years!

This trip has been very good for me....especially when I have left the trade for more than 6 years! So much to catch up..... and guess what? My team won in the quiz we had during the self drive! Wow! I had great team mates!

--------------- Sawbear Travel -----------------

No comments: