Friday, 12 September 2008

Birthday Week (12 Sep)

Yesterday was Jiro's birthday! I met Jiro many years ago when he was in Singapore with his tour group. Being in the travel business in the past, we had a lot to talk about. Jiro works for a Travel Agency in Osaka. I had the opportunities to meet up with him a few times in Osaka over the years. I remember there was 1 year where he was not well and admitted to hospital and I actually went to visit him. Otanjobi Omedeto!

When I started as a travel agent, I remembered my 1st trip to USA. I was leading a group and had to pretend that I was rather familiar wit the places of interest. When I was in LAX, I had a guide for the city tour and Universal Studio. Alex Iskandar was my guide. We got along very well that trip and since then (1988), stayed in touch. Over the years, we have met up a few times. Alex is back in Jakarta and has settled down with 2 kids (I think).
Happy Birthday, my friend! Hope to meet up again soon!


-------------- sawbear Travel --------------

No comments: