Thursday, 12 July 2007

The Hard Truth

Last Saturday, I visited an old friend across the causeway. It has been a while since I ventured there on my own.... travelling by MRT to Kranji and the "yellow' Bus into JB. No M$?? never mind.... withdraw cash at the MRT station.... ATM out of order???!!!!! Haiz......

Weekend is always jam-packed going in into JB.... thank goodness, it was rather smooth.... the traffic I mean..... hahahahaha... After clearance, went to City Square to wait for my friend (will call him X - to conceal his identity..hahahaha). I scouted around for a ATM machine and for the 1st time, withdrew money from a foreign ATM...it's really simple....just slot in your card, enter your pin (as per pin used in Sg) and Wowla, the money appeared!
It was great catching up wth Mr X and had the opportunity to visit his new place ... nice ....4 dogs!!!!!! In this trip, I visited a seaside place , famous for Nasi Lemak.... opp the restaurant, you can see Sembawang....Well, the nasi was different...... that's all I could say...hahahahaha !
Visited Tebrau City, the BIG shopping Mall in JB. It was great strolling along the shops on Sunday..... not very crowded... The bookshop (Harris) was good - many books! Hey...what do you expect???!!!! Bought some books/ magazines ...... getting rid of the M$......

X and I chatted a lot during the meet-up and it set me thinking about a lot of things. Many times we spend our time and effort on others and honestly... what do we expect in returns? Nothing! But, think about it... one day, when you need to rely on others, will your kindness be reciprocated? Have we spare a thought for ourselves? When we grow old, who will look after us? Will the people we helped, take us in?

I have a close friend, who told me that if he strikes lottery, he will take care of me for life.... well...I am so gratetful..but.. what if luck is not on his side? Can I really depend on him? Can I really depend on anyone? Or, do I have to face the hard truth that I can only depend on myself?
I have only 1 life and I want to live it to the fullest. But, I will grow old and would I be able to to age gracefully or could I?

X reminded me again and again that I need to think for myself.... make sure I can take care of myself....have enough to last me through my old age.....

That's the fact of life.... am I ready to face it........

------- Sawbear Travel -------




No comments: