Monday, 2 July 2007

Retreat at Turi Beach Resort, Batam (29 Jun to 1 Jul)


Hooray! Finally...... a retreat to Turi Beach Resort in Batam!

An excited group awaiting for the hotline to finish at 4pm on Friday...... no more incoming phone calls!!!! It's off to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal ........

After the usual check in procedures (and duty free shoppping)..... it's off to Batam! 30 mins ferry ride and we arrived at Nongsa jetty....... and off to Turi Beach Resort (which was abt 5 mins from the jetty).. After checking in (gosh! the accomodation was up the slope ...... so tiring!), it's off to the seafood restaurant for a sumptuous dinner - crabs, prawn, squid, chicken (seafood?), etc..... The rest of the night was spent at the resort's lounge...singing/dancing......

An early start with breakfast and then it's workshop time.... The Director went through the department's performance and also talked about the future direction for the department, etc.... The group was divided into groups to brainstorm on some topics to improve on work performance...and later had some teambuilding games..... After lunch...it's shopping time!!!!! Went to Batam Centre for shopping......... a modern shopping Mall....

Dinner was a sumptuous BBQ at the poolside.... delicious! For the rest of the night...its was karaoke time!

Late breakfast on Sunday morning and then some last minute shopping at the Polo shop (genuine stuff - made in Indonesia (licenced by Polo))- (sorry...if you are thinking that I have bought something for you....think again....hahahahaha ) before catching the ferry back to Singapore.

It's my 1st trip to Batam... the accommodation was not too bad...if you really like a getaway..... no shopping mall nearby..... just the sun, sand & beach.....

During the free time, as I sat down by the beach and look out into the sea..... I rolled back the curtains of memories ...... many events came up.....both happy and sad..... and as I reflect on them, I told myself that I have been very fortunate and God has been very gracious to me.... even for 2007..... many good things have happened in my life....

I told myself not to take life for granted and to continue to live my life to the fullest.... I only have 1 life...... live happily and live to the fullest!

" I expect to pass through life but once.
If there be any kindness I can show,
or any good thing I can do to any fellow being,
let me do it now, as I shall not pass this way again,
Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale."

---------- Sawbear Travel ------------

No comments: