Monday, 21 July 2008

Birthdays Again

Today, 2 dear friends celebrate their birthday!

I met Benson in 1988 when I was in my 1st job. He was with a printing company. We started to use his company's service then. I remembered he invited me to his wedding but I could not make it as I was hosting some Japanese (Youth Exchange). When I left my 1st company and moved on to a few, I continued to keep in touch with him. We become close friends and often caught up for meals/drinks.
Though the last few years we hardly manage to catch up, I would still make a point to send him birthday greetings every year. Happy Birthday, my Dear Friend!

Kondo was the representative from Kanagawa when I met them in 1986/7. I The group came to Singapore and I had the privilege to show some of them around (during good old Rotaract days). My 1st trip to Japan in 1987, Kondo and Francis came to meet me at Narita Airport and assisted me to Haneda Airport to connect a domestic flight to Aomori. When I came back to Haneda, Francis came to pick me up. Kondo took care of me during my stay. Since then, I stayed with Kondo and also with Francis & Keiko for a few times. Though Kondo could not speak much English, he made lots of effort to make every stay of mine as comfortable as possible.

Due to some setbacks in his business, he was uncontactable for a while. I manged to trace him down and finally in 2003 met up with him and his family again! Then, the last few years, he went missing again. Francis is helping me to find him and even if I cannot locate him, I just want him to know that I remember his Birthday, and I wish him good health and happiness! I will find you, my Friend!


------------- Sawbear Travel ------------

No comments: